Monday, May 29, 2006

Another crack at the little shrine in Tsukuba

Little shrine in Tsukuba, Take 2

I took a couple of shots of this little shrine in a previous post. But the more I looked at them, the more I hated them. So I decided to take another crack at it.

While this one's far from perfect, I think it's a big improvement on the other one. Three reasons: I used a 6 Megapixel camera instaed of a 2 Megapixel camera phone, I got a much better angle on this one, and I used the colour saturation feature in Picasa to make it come to life even more.

The special rope tied to the top of the shrine

This time around, I also got a shot of the sacred rope tied to the front of the shrine. I still don't know what this is called, though I'll try and get the name for it when I can.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger Timmybomb said...

Hey Champ, I somehow missed your posts the last couple of days. The rice field shot is lovely.

Today's photos seem severely blurry. I'm not sure if that's the way they really are or if there was a problem in uploading them to your site.

I'd be curious to know what shutter speed you used on these shots. Do you use the "auto" setting on your camera, or do you mess with your shutter speed and aperture?

I bought a tripod last month and it has given me much more flexibility when taking pictures in low light situations. I can use slower shutter speeds without getting blurry results.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Stardog Champion said...

Hi Timmy.

Yeah, now that you mention it, these do look a bit on the blurry side. I never noticed it before because I wasn't wearing my contact lenses when I looked at them before. (Note to self: put them in before looking at pictures again!)

I probably used the auto setting. I'm still pretty new at this and I have no idea what kinds of shutter speeds/aperatures to use in any given situation. What's worse, the local bookstores have no books on the subject in English. Any suggestions for books to try and order from Amazon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home