Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bike impound

In an earlier post, I showed a picture of a seemingly endless line of motorcycles and scooters lined up by a "no bike parking" sign. Every time I walk by the train station near my house, I see the same kind of thing, only with regular bicycles. I always wondered what happened to those bikes when they were left for too long.

Impounded bikes, black and white

The other day, I found out.

A lot of people who live in the suburbs commute by train. They have two bikes: one at home, and one where they work. And bikes are cheap. So when they get transferred to a new office or graduate from school, they often simply leave the bikes on the work side behind, until it gets picked up and carted off to the bike impound.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Sidney said...

That is a strange habit! I would never leave my bike behind! ;-)

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did the same thing.

i left my bike at the station but had another one.. i wasnt going to use the one at the station anymore, it was too much hassle to move two bikes, so i let the police have the one at the station

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home