Sunday, May 28, 2006

Rice paddy at dawn

Rice field at dawn

I was driving home from a night out with my buddies when the sun was just staring to come up. I was in the middle of these rice paddies just on the outskirts of the town I live in, and I was so taken aback that I just had to get a shot of it.

The rainy season is just starting up here, bringing life to the young stalks of rice. In a couple of months these tiny little seedlings will grow tall and strong, blanketing the countryside with a rich, lush green. Then they'll turn brown, and the harvest will begin, providing the people with the food that they will all gather around the table to enjoy together.

A little update: I've been posting these pictures from my archives lately, for two reasons. One was that I had so many pictures that didn't really fit together into one particular theme, but I wanted to show them anyway. Two, the weather over here has been downright awful--the rainy season makes it nearly impossible to get out on the bike, to say nothing of not providing particularly good subjects for photos. Maybe I'll get out there anyway and find something worth shooting. Till then, I hope you enjoy the archives!

4 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sidney said...

This is beautiful! Great view! Love the early morning fog!

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Gavin said...

This really is beautiful. The different layers to this photograph work really well; the sky, the trees and the vast field. I love all the little reflections too, fantastic capture.

p.s. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I really appreciate it. Sorry I havent had the time to reply recently, but hopefully I will from today. Thanks again.

Gavin.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Tom said...

I really like this photo..

You seem to be all over the place. ;-)

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Adam Lee Dalziel said...

awesome picture man - thanks for the comment on my site - yeah im going to live in fujimi-shi - in the saitama prefecture - also not far from tokyo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home