Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cutsey Cutsey everywhere

Cutsey gas tank

Cute sells in Japan. You see cutsey characters everywhere: on cell phone straps, on tissue packs, even in air conditioner ads.

Cutsey gas tank

For some reason, this gas company agrees. They seemed to think, "why just paint our logo on the tanks when we can have some cutsey fairytale-land character on it instead?

These are actually the same tank, from different angles. I know they're not the best, but getting anything better would have involved climbing barbed wire and crossing train tracks, two things I am emphatically not willing to do for a photograph.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Azhar said...

Hey Stardog,
Sorry I havnt come by in some time, My ISP banned flickr so your imags didn't show up.I see you're getting better :) keep learning :)
Enjoy the sunday,
Azhar

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Tom said...

That is pretty cool... They always have ideas with art over there...:-)

Interesting photos...:-)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Timmybomb said...

All that cutsey crap makes me grumpy. I don't think I could spend more than five minutes in Japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home