Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Great Buddha of Kotoku-in, Kamakura

The Great Buddha at Kotoku-in

Well, first I want to say thank you to each and every one of you who have been visiting my blog over the past little while. I'd especially like to thank those who left comments. They really do mean a lot to me.

Second, I should apologize for going so long without posting anything. And then posting that last picture. I guess I should call that a lapse in judgement, which nobody's immune to I'm sure.

But I'm ready to get back to business now.

I took a day-trip with some of my students to Kamakura a few days back. My first stop was Kotoku-in temple, home of a Great Buddha statue. I'll call this my "baseline" shot, since I'm planning to post a few others over the next few days. In the meantime, I thought it might be nice to get a clean view of the statue from the front. I hope you like it.

6 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous tore said...

You've nicely captured all the colours and tones on the Buddha. But, I don't know, I know it's natural discolouration but sometimes I wish they would just go and give him a good scrub.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Azhar said...

This is a nice one man,
An HDR would work well here, and some processing on this shot would be great.
GREAT GREAT SHOT!!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Suby said...

Was wondering where you had disapeared to. Welcoms back.

Okay lets see more different shots from you. Enough of the signs and statues already :)

Suby

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Zebigleb said...

Really nice photo
Thanx for this very interresting blog

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Timmybomb said...

Big Buddha needs a bath. This composition would probably benifit from a slight underexposure.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Stardog Champion said...

Thanks for the comments folks. One of these days I'd love to try an HDR, as soon as I figure out how to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home