Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oshibori Penguin

Hi folks. Sorry for not posting anything the last few days. Things have been really busy over here, and I just got my computer back from the NEC repair facility, so I can finally get a hold of Photoshop and start doing some cool image editing.


My friend Greg with a little penguin he made from a wet towel

In the meantime, here's a little something from the archives. Here in Japan, restaurants give their patrons special wet towels called oshibori as they sit down. Most restaurants have them professionally washed, then sealed in a small plastic packet. They're hot in the winter, cold in the summer, and a nice way to clean your hands as you whet your appetite looking over the menu.

In keeping with the cutsey theme that's so prevalent in Japan, many people like to fold them up into cute little critters, and use the plastic packet to hold it together. Here's a penguin my friend Greg made the other day.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Timmybomb said...

That's really funny.I'm impressed with your friends cloth folding artistic talents. I love the expression on his face too. Cool capture Champ.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger micki said...

Very amusing shot, your buddy has awesome towel folding talent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home