Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fenced in

A single buck through the fence

First, I'll explain this picture. Then I'll explain something else.

I took this picture up at Kashima Jingu shrine. The same place I took yesterday's picture. They have a small herd of deer there, but they're fenced off. It's actually quite sad to see these beautiful creatures caged in like in a zoo, when they should be living free.

Now, a few words about the challenge.

After reading the comments on yesterday's post, I decided that I'm not quite ready for Suby's challenge just yet. My archives are a little sparse, and they don't really have all too wide a variety of pictures.

However, I still want to keep posting. More imporantly, one thing I'm finding is that, by posting these pictures, I'm getting a lot of good feedback on how to make them better.

So here's what I'm thinking. For now, I'm going to simply post the picutres I was planning to post anyway, but not as part of the challenge. I'd like instead to get feedback on the pictures in and of themselves. If you think they suck, tell me why.

Because the strangest thing is, I probably learned more from yesterday's post than I have from all the good pics I've taken put together. So keep the remarks coming, no matter how bad you may think the pictures are.

In the meantime, I'll be reading the books I have on photography (including another good read through my camera manual to figure out a few things). Then I'll go out and try and recapture some of the ideas in Jide's photoblog. It's actually given me lots of really good ideas.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger micki said...

Will this critter lose those spots, because that's quite a rack he's already grown while he still has the spots of a young 'un on him. Very nice capture, like the through the fence view.

Thanks for the handwriting links. My e-mail is on my profile page (I think...maybe I need to double check that.)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Azhar said...

Your best shot by far. I love chain link fences of course, and very nicely framed.I'm feeling photoshop could have done alot for this with some curves, but satill your best here.
GREAT GREAT SHOT!!

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Suby said...

Now this is more like it, like the idea behind this shot, well thought of, well framed. As Azhar has said, photoshop would have done a lot for this shot, but thats a lesson for another time :) Lets get you taking those lovely shots straight from the camera 1st then my second challenge will be on you :)

Good to postpone the challenge, keep posting, and I will keep commenting, we are going to make the best prosumer out of you yet :)

Suby

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Suby said...

P.s
I think I set Azhar on the route of using photoshop on his images (he had progressed way beyond Picasa he was using). He seems to have picked it up soo fast. The boy is a boy Genius:)

Suby

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous tore said...

Go Stardog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home