Sunday, July 02, 2006

A rain channel at Hasedera, Kamakura

The chain rain channel in black and white

Many places in Japan use either bronze cups chianed together or simpler chains like this one to channel the water from the roof. I really liked this one, and I wanted to save it until later. Then Tore suggested I post it immediately. (Thanks Tore!) But when Suby issued his challenge, I wanted to hang on to it in case I could use it.

Well, after looking through the archives of www.alakija.shutterchance.com (which I recommend you all to do, since it's fantastic!), I decided that I couldn't use it for the challenge after all. So I'm posting it today.

I have another photo that I'm posting tomorrow on Azhar's insistance (thanks Azhar! You rock dude!), and then the challenge, as they say, is on. Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous tore said...

Ah-hah, there it is! It's great. I love the corner-to-corner thing you've got going on there. Good luck with Suby's challenge! I'll be calling back every day, of course, to see (and learn from) the results.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger micki said...

Oh, this is lovely!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Azhar said...

Nice concept, but theres something missing for me, it feels odd, maybe the angle, anyways its ok, I liked the tomorrows post more :D

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your composition and shadows - this is very nice work!

Abe

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Suby said...

The Subster is still watching and waiting bro. I am looking forward to what you come up with. Remember I WILL BE AS FRANK AND HONEST WITH MY OPINIONS AS I AM WITH THE GUYS on shutterchance.

I really do want you to progress, I will say anyone can take a picture, anyone can take a stonking picture and one does not have to have a £5000 camera and lens to achieve this.

Have a look at my blog for today, shot was taken by Sinem with £200 POINT & SHOOT camera, she had a vision when taking the shot, she knew what her theme was, she knew what she was trying to convey and most of all she knew how the end result was going to look like (& how she was going to achieve it). Scattered over the week, She will be posting up images from her point & shoot trip.

So bro, once we have got you taking those beautiful images with your camera, our next excercise will be to start schooling you in the art of editing your shots, I know you may not have time so we may stick to one edit a week, BUT I DIGRESS, that is another challenge :) (yes I know I am a slave master).

Looking forward to this weeks post :)

Suby

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Timmybomb said...

I like this one Champ. Actually, this is one of your best in my opinion. I really like the angle. Looking forward to the challenge.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Stardog Champion said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. I hope I'm up to Suby's challenge. I know it's gonna be tough. Let's see if I can pull it off!

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous MrC said...

love this shot .. interesting subject, great angle, love the reflection

beautiful ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home