Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Secluded shrine

A small shrine at Kashima Jingu

So, some of you are no doubt wondering where I've been the last week. Well, I've been preparing for this summer seminar that I had to teach at over the weekend. It was actually a lot of fun, but there was also quite a bit of work that went into planning one of my lessons. And then I had no Internet access for the whole weekend, so I couldn't post anything or visit anyone else's blogs.

Unfortunately, I also couldn't really post any pictures from the seminar. So instead, I thought I'd post something I took back in Kashima. I really liked this little shrine, because it was so peaceful and secluded--a very unusual sight in Japan.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger micki said...

I find these little shrine so fascinating. This one is lovely, what a pretty location it is in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home